Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mad Tea in the Faerie Garden

Welcome!!!! 
 
So glad you could come to my tea! Thank You Vanessa for hosting such a wonderful party!
 
 


 
My fledgling crow welcomes you to enter,
seen here perched on the railing of my back porch deck one day!


 
Cornucopia's filled with treats and charms for your enjoyment,
 
 
Now follow the path's and the mist, this will lead you there............

 
and follow............ 


 
Under the first arbor..................
 
 
 down the path.........................
 

 
 
 
Under the second arbor tunnel.....................
 
 
 
 Where am I now?.................................
 
 
Hatter, old friend, which way shall I go?......................
 
Hatter is always present at my tea's and lives among the Faerie Gardens,
 
Alas, I believe I have arrived!
 
 
 
Under another arbor  full of Autumn Clematis, the tea table beckons you to sit and enjoy!




 
Please have a Lavender Scone, (recipe to follow)..............

 
I will be steeping Orange Mint Tea, you may enjoy hot or cold, would you like a slice of lemon?
Boil water, place several leaves of the tea in a tempered pot, pour the hot water over the leaves, cover let steep for about 10 minutes, pour over ice or drink hot!
 
 

 
 
 
 
I have a bumper crop of Lavender this year,
Great for sachet's, pretty hanging bouquets, and this year the
Lavender Scones for my Mad, Mad, Tea! Here is the recipe.......
 
 
 
 
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 teaspoons fresh lavender flowers or 1 teaspoon dried lavender
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 egg, slightly beaten
2/3 cup buttermilk
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, zest, and lavender. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in the egg and buttermilk with a fork. 
Turn the dough onto a floured surface and briefly knead gently (don’t over knead). Divide the dough in half and pat each portion into a ¾-inch-thick round. Cut each round into six wedges and place the wedges 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet, bake for 20 minutes, serve warm or cooled!



 
 


Now please relax and enjoy the afternoon, pleasant company and conversation............
As a party gift for you I would encourage you to participate in my give-a-way.
This sweet little creamer pin cushion, approved by Hatter himself......
All you have to do is leave a comment and Hatter will draw from the names  next week for the
lucky winner!!!
 


 
You can follow this path to leave the garden...............
 
 
I really hope you enjoyed stopping by for my Mad Tea.
I sure had fun preparing and participating in such a delightful event!
Now I am off to visit all of you !
See you there..................
Celeste 
 
 






 
 

Post a Comment