Saturday, March 1, 2014

Preparing for Ostara

This is my batch of Bloodroot in my Faerie Garden,

They usually come up even before the Trillium, close to the ground, sweet little
flowers, I can't wait to see them,

Ostara, Spring,  What do you think of?
I actually think of how I need to do "spring cleaning"" in my house as
well as my spirit. A time to renew, contemplate.......

Preparing for the Vernal Equinox, usually around March 20.
The first day of Spring!!!!

I think about the return of Persephone, reunited with the Mother Goddess, of the earth,
signifying the renewal of life!

Here is a homemade recipe for cleaning floors, woodwork.
When my children were little, I would wash the woodwork every spring,
now after all these years I am lucky if I get to dust or vacuum the woodwork.
I remember the house smelling so fresh and clean!


Floor Grease Cutter Cleaner. Photo by gailanng

1/4 th cup of white vinegar
1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap
1/4 th cup of baking soda
2 gallons of warm to hot tap water,
You could also add about 4 drops of your favorite
essential oil for more aroma,
Tea Tree is a good one for its antimicrobial properties!
I did find this on Pinterest, here is the site if you would like to see more info
http://www.food.com/recipe/floor-grease-cutter-cleaner-393210

I will write more about Ostara later as we get closer to the date,
for now, I think I will go scrub my kitchen floor!
Thanks for visiting, have a great week!


Post a Comment