Saturday, September 9, 2017

Taking Time for Thyme



This is the name of my Gardens,
I painted this and it hangs above the shed door 
on the side of my carriage barn, 


One of my garden patches of Thyme,


Thyme Pesto:
2 cups of fresh Thyme leaves
1/2 cup of walnuts or pine nuts
2 cloves of minced garlic
Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Salt to taste
Olive oil

Blend all in food processor, 
Freeze in ice cube trays for later use,
or use now in sauces, or spread on baguette

(I'm sure others have made Pesto from many other herbs,
however I did put this together myself, ) 



This is my scrapbook I made especially for my gardens 
from brown paper grocery bags, 
I will give instructions in another post,


My daughter,  Elizabeth made up this recipe,
I used it for one of my Summer Solstice party's, 

1 sprig of fresh thyme
1 sprig of Oregano
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
salt/pepper to taste
1 T of sugar
Shake all together in jar, can store at room temperature!


I hope you can take Time for Thyme in your busy schedule,


Blessings to All!







Post a Comment