Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Still no Snow!

I'm  really not complaining when I say .....
we have not a a major amount of snowfall
this season. 
Last year at this time we had major snowstorms closing school the week 
before Christmas break, then an Ice storm.

Now, everything on the ground is Green and Brown,
I wanted to take some evening lights pictures
of the pretty light decorations in my neighborhood,
however it just isn't as pretty as it could be without the snow.




Yesterday the 30th,


I wrote to soon......., this is what I woke up to this morning,

A sweet reprieve of dusted snow!



This time last year,




Last night at twilight



Today, 


New Yule Eve, the suns returns, the time of new beginnings, 
setting new goals for the coming year, 



Deities, which one? 
For me it will be Demeter, looking for her 
lovely daughter Persephone abducted by Hades, 
Searching......, Waiting....., for her return at Ostara, 

I guess because I can relate to daughters visiting, and returning to their homes
after Yule  for the long winter months......then returning again in the 
warm Spring. The sadness you feel from them leaving, and the joy of the return visits!

The long cold days when I can get back to work, organize my life and house,
work on my goals I promised for Yule!
Ready for the return of  Spring.



Here is all you need for your New Yule Eve Celebration:

Black candle, Green candle, paper, pen, a small cauldron or fireproof bowl,
your favorite incense, 

Lighting  candles and incense, sitting quietly and reflect on the past year.
Imagine your hopes and goals for the New Yule.

Write 3 things you wish to banish from the Old Yule, fold the paper in half,
light the Black candle, light your paper and let it burn out in the cauldron. 
Extinguish the black candle.

Now.... write 3 things you wish to manifest for the New Yule, 
Light the Green candle, 
Tuck this paper close to the green candle

Light the incense with the green candle flame,
watch the smoke rise while focusing and meditating on your written intentions for 
the New Yule.


It is done, so mote it be! 

(I use little post it note size papers, it can be scary if you light a large piece of paper),

I also write the new goals on a larger piece of paper, sometimes I cut out 
pictures if I can find them that depict my goals,
 and glue onto the paper, then post to  
a bulletin board. Like a "vision board"  where I can see all winter
 and be reminded of what I want for the
New Yule. 

Next, now I can take those pictures of the pretty neighborhood lights with the snow!


Wishing you  a safe New Yule Eve night and plentiful New Yule Day and Year!

Celeste 







Post a Comment